Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Weight of Trials....


There's an old saying that something "is worth it's weight in gold".  Of course gold has a worth no matter the amount or weight, but the increase in the weight in itself, determines the overall value, (stay with me here, the lameness get's unlame momentarily). 
One of the "themes" in my life, that if you cut me to the core, I would "bleed" a desire to see people free from bondage (i.e. depression, loneliness, fear, anxiety, etc). I also love more then anything being a valuable asset to someone going through a trial of sorts. I've got to admit to you, I've walked hand in hand with some pretty awesome people through their trials, and needless to say I think we have it all wrong. See here's what I think (for what it's worth)

The weight (or heaviness) of said particular trial, completely determines the value of your purpose

See the weight of the trial doesn't have to be looked upon as a negative, but embraced as a positive. Another thought is this:

You never know what you have to go through, to be the person you are SUPPOSED to be.

We cannot say we understand completely WHY God allows us to go through trial, and tests. But we can rest assure that the weight will all be proportionate to the value. 
See the weight of your trials as a catapult to your purpose. Seek God during these trials, as

 Proverbs 3 says: 

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct[a] your paths.

Remember......your golden baby..

tHe iDiOt...

No comments: