Tuesday, January 13, 2009

GOD USES TOILET PAPER......


So you ever have one of those "feel sorry" for
yourself moments. You know, "no one loves me", 
"does anyone know I'm alive" type of deals. I wanted
to take a break from blogging to really concentrate on 
concentrated prayer. 
Of course when you commit to a intense prayer time 
to refocus, refresh, and re evaluate who
you are, is when you seem most attacked. 
Yesterday was that day for me. I was in
the middle of a very "stellar" feel sorry for me moment. 
I mean this was a good one!
REALLY GOOD. Everything from, Am I even called to be a pastor?, 
Am I a good pastor? dad? husband? The infamous 
"I HAVE NO "REAL FRIENDS"...whine..
Oh yeah! I was clicking on all cylinders. 
I did all the "HOLY THINGS".. prayed, wept, 
threw dirt on my head (ok i didn't weep) 
I even read out of Job 
(for some reason felt i could relate)
I needed encouragement....

So I prayed for my own Eliphaz!

This guy named Eliphaz comes to Job's rescue 
in Chapter 4
(Message)
He says this: 1-4 The Eliphaz from Teman spoke up:
"Would you mind if I said something to you? 
Under the circumstances it's hard to
keep quiet. You yourself have done this plenty times, 
spoken words that clarify,
encouraged those who were about to quit. 
Your words have put stumbling on
their feet, put fresh hope in people about to collapse. 
But now YOU'RE the one in trouble, you're hurting!
You've been hit hard and you're reeling from the blow.
But shouldn't your devout life give you confidence 
now? 
Shouldn't your exemplary life give you hope?

Such inspiring words out of Job. Did it help? NOPE.

Here's how God works in the most unusual, creative, 
outstanding lavish ways.
My daughter has this THING. She loves 
to write little notes around my house. 
When she's "doing her duty". She loves 
to write littlenotes on the toilet paper so 
the next "dutier" will find them.
My notes have been "Daddy is the greatest",
"Bella loves Mommy"
etc etc.
As I continued in my downward spiral. 
I went to my bathroom to shave.
I had just come out of a prayer time, reading this
scripture,and felt even MORE dopey.
Then the TP hit me. I looked down. 
My 6 year old writes these
words that shredded me.

Spelt in the phonics of a 1st grader...

"I LOVE YOU EVRITHENG 
aboout you...Just the waye You Are"..

Enough said....
Proof God even uses toilet paper...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jimmy, I relate. I have the same kind of moments. The image of powerful encouragements written on toilet paper by your daughter is beautiful.

Your post reminded me of Nacho Libre--the scene where he's being chewed out by the other priests:

"Ok... Maybe I am not meant for these duties. Cooking duty. Dead guy... duty. Maybe it's time for me to get a better duty!"
(http://65.186.65.233/sounds/movies/nacho_libre/betterduty.mp3)

But as for you, you have the right duties. Keep faithfully doing your duties. There is no doubt in my mind that you are doing what God made you for.

Our Multi-scene said...

thanks kevin.
i appreciate your encouragement.

responding to the call of "duty"
jimmy

Unknown said...

awesome Pastor Jimmy, I love how God does stuff like that.