Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birth of (CP) Cornelius Project


Those who are very close to me, and know me very intimately, know that when I say my four famous words...you'll want to run....you'll want to hide.....but you'll be sucked in by the energy force called (INTRIGUE)
my four famous words...
I....GOT......THIS.....IDEA........
(rewind...with a fast forward twist, and a side of current)

The next 48 hours are going to be hell, painful, aggravating, and frustrating. I'm going to be rocked to my core, and everything in me will want to run.....I will hate who I am, and others are. I will sense my worthlessness, and understand I've haven't done nearly as much as I could have..........and you know what? I'M GONNA LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT..

About a month ago, I grabbed a very close friend of mine, and uttered these very same words. Jared Berry is slowly becoming one of my closest friends. We are "simpatico", very very kindred spirits, even though almost a decade difference in age. I'm really falling in love with the guy, and his heart to reach people, and still take chances.
I approached him with this idea I really felt God laid on my heart. I've worked very closely with the homeless population since I began ministry 11 years ago. I ALSO have always wanted to do documentaries.....(you see where I'm going with this...) So I said "let's be homeless" Nothing long term (still love my family). But let's say 48 hours?

How can we open the churches eyes to making a difference in those who literally have nothing....the answer....you have to get to the root, show facts, and open eyes. That's what we want to do. 2 guys, wanting to raise home missional awareness I mean what can we do for "THE LEAST OF THESE"....
And out of that CP (or Cornelius Project was born). Jared shared with me today as we took some sacred time for scripture sharing in Acts 10. When Peter was summoned to the centurion Cornelius (and yes my mind went straight to the "damn dirty ape" line from Planet of the Apes) digressiiiiing.

Cornelius was the first gentile convert of the new testament. He was the first that God gave Peter  to "cross the line", when God spoke and said "I SHOW NO PARTIALITY". That simple phrase has been ringing in my head all day. God shows no Partiality towards me...the "good looking" pastor with a family vs the homeless gentlemen who has nothing.....

So our goal is to raise awareness on Hot topic/Taboo issues that Church's deal with. Were giving away whatever we produce, in the name of AWAKENING......For the next 48 hours I am not PASTOR JIMMY SMUDA. I am homeless, I am not a daddy, I am homeless, I am not a husband, I am homeless, My address for the next 48 hours is not the beautiful house I reside in valley stream, but NYC Manhattan, the streets my bed. I will eat whatever I find,  beg for spare change (***and give it away to those in true need, along with any donations given to us****)
I am not a writter, preacher, friend or foe...I am not a mentor, councelor, brother or role model.....for the next 48 hours.....I am homeless........I am homeless....
......and pray that I don't come back as "ThE  iDiOt"  I know right now sitting in front of my computer.....

more to come.........ThE iDiOt..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might be a writter but you ain't no spellur. LOL Please tell me how you ate out of trash cans and peed in public.