Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Being Missional or Being the Mission..


I've moved around several times in my life now.  I love it, I hate it!  I hate leaving people, but extremely enjoy the new challenges of a new area, or community. Coming to understand that community, how it ticks, and what the DNA is. What I also love is trying to figure out why God brought me to a specific area. I see my missional journeys as just that, MISSIONS! I go into an area not wanting to "become" the mission, but to be missional. I believe God brings us all to places where we are to "add" to the existing structure, town, community, organization, etc. I've learned so much in every Mission I've been on, and the people I've met, and experiences I've had are priceless to me. I know I would not be  the man/leader/husband/father I am today without them. 
However with a missional mindset, we have to beware to not become the MISSION. A missionary goes out to bring change, to build up, to encourage, and in a Christ follower sense to serve selflessly. They do not go to become a part of that particular mission. This takes fighting apathy, or critical-ness, or discouragement. Missonal's see the value they can bring, and they stand fast on this. Through thick and thin, they are committed to the mission, they live for the mission, they would even die for the mission, however to become the mission would be chameleon-like, and pointless. 

Paul did this well. When he went to Berea, Greece, he went with a mission, yet not at the cost of BECOMING THE MISSION himself.

Look where your at today (family, work, ministry, life) 
To be MISSIONAL, is to be EVERYDAY MISSION minded.

Are you missional or part of the mission.....

Missionals make a change
Mission's are in need of a  change..

....tHe iDiOt...